Sunday, July 19, 2015

Body Image

No matter how many times someone tells you that you look great or that you are the perfect size that there is always that voice of doubt in the back of your head saying they are wrong. Sometimes I wonder how much cumulative time in my life I have spent looking into the mirror criticizing myself. Body image is a self-reflection that is only partially formed by the opinions of others. Of course, we take public opinions into careful consideration but for the most part, its all in our head. Society has focused so much of daily routines around the image of a perfect body and it can wear a gal down. Not just women though, men are also expected to step up to the plate. So, how do we fix this? We don't. Instead I think that we should lower our self-expectations and start to nurture our images of ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, society has a bad problem with judging people on their image rather than oneself. Jobs, kids in school, and when going to work out are examples I can think of and women do get judged harder on than men.

    ReplyDelete