Thursday, July 16, 2015

Parenting Style

As I come to the age where having children is around the corner I have been thinking of parenting styles often. As a psychology major it is hard for me to accurately describe what kind of parenting style I think I will be like. I have done much studying in the areas of child development and I am a firm believer that how a child is raised and treated before the age of five determines (for the most part) what the child will be like for the rest of their lives. On one hand, it is very important to set rules and boundaries for your child so that they do not end up crazy maniacs who break the law and disrespect people. On the other hand, I believe it is important to let your child learn from their mistakes and make their own path in life. Also, I feel that a child learning their independence and discovering their talents are extremely important! I suppose that parenting is one of those things that you just learn as you go and hope for the best!

1 comment:

  1. I am by no means the perfect parent, but I feel like I'm not doing to bad of a job. You'll find when you do have children it just comes natural. Show them love, and teach them right from wrong and you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete