Monday, June 29, 2015

Know Your Audience Analysis

For a previous assignment for this class we had a "Know Your Audience" discussion in which we asked questions of our classmates and responded with our own personal answers to others' questions. By doing this it gave me (and hopefully others) much insight into my audience. On one hand, I would say that many of the people in my audience are similar to me, many of which are young college students. On the other hand, there are many in my audience in which I would say I have little to relate to, including single mothers and older adults trying to make a comeback on the college scene. There were many of these people which may seem less educated and cultured than others, but some that have more "real world" experience which, in my personal opinion, can not be bought or taught on a slide show. For example, I chose to ask my classmates what their dream job would be. I was pleasantly surprised that many would chose to work for a non-profit organization and that want to make a significant difference in the world. By looking at the information given I can more accurately try to relate to my audience, most of which are very similar to me and go through the same daily struggles with me. We all want to make our families proud, make good grades and be successful, and live long and happy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment